P.O.W.E.R. Plates Podcast
A NOLA Non-Profit Celebrates Women in Hospitality
How is your summer going so far? Have you been trying some new restaurants or stopping by more frequently at your faves? Maybe you had a special business lunch or friends reunion? It feels good to be back at it again, breaking bread and sharing laughs with family, friends, and friends we haven’t met yet.
As you know, none of this happens without the talents, strength, and spirit of everyone you meet – and those you don’t – who are welcoming you, serving you, cooking and mixing it all up, and then cleaning up after. And in New Orleans especially there are a growing number of women who are taking the lead to make it all happen, which is who we want to celebrate today and learn about a relatively new organization dedicated to cheering these women on. Today’s guest is gonna dish!
In this episode of the P.O.W.E.R. Plug Podcast Host, Mary Foley speaks with Beth D’Addono, a professional, full-time freelance food and travel writer who fell head over heels in love with New Orleans more than 20 years ago. In addition to her countless articles, guidebooks, and website content about all things New Orleans, she is the author of 100 Things To Do in New Orleans Before You Die and a local NOLA expert for 10Best.com by USA Today. Plus, she’s the current President of the New Orleans chapter of an organization of women leaders in the food, beverage, and hospitality industries called Les Dames D’Escoffier (LDEI).
Listen and Learn:
- About the 44 global chapters of Les Dames D’Escoffier
- How the NOLA chapter created connections amongst its members during the pandemic
- The inspiring projects and fund-raisers LDEI members create
- How to watch LDEI member Chef Dee Lavigne on TV
- About the female Chefs who are members of LDEI and their fabulous accomplishments
- Scholarships available for women through LDEI
- How the hospitality community comes together in New Orleans
- How the Fidelity’s P.O.W.E.R Plate program benefits Louisiana’s Hospitality Foundation